Call for Coordinators
We are looking for Country/University Coordinators who will be interested to support the SUDSDGs initiative in Sudan. As a Country/University Coordinator you will be provided with full support by WASD/SK including all template and letters ready to use with universities, colleges and research institutions. You will also be provided by all promotional and marketing material and anything else you require.
Duties and responsibilities of the Country Coordinators includes following:
- Promote SUDSDGs in Sudan and across the world. In doing so please promote SUDSDGs scope and focus, the appointment of new University Coordinators (each university will be required to nominate an internal coordinator to liaise with SUDSDGs), relevant conference and promotional opportunities, market insights, and best university nominations. You can also promote SUDSDGs by sharing new content alerts with your networks and recommending SUDSDGs to your university’s information professional.
- Act as SUDSDGs ambassador to help spread the word about the initiative at conferences or in discussions with interested colleagues/contacts, remember social media is an excellent tool particularly during the global lockdown.
- Liaise with your Regional Coordinators (where applicable) in all matters, particularly selection of universities and recommendations for inclusion of any particular research centre and/or individual researcher in the platform.
- Develop a list of reviewers and assessors with their particulars: i.e., name, title, institutional affiliation, mailing and e-mail addresses, telephone and fax numbers. We will need to acknowledge all reviewers and assessors in all our publications at a later stage.
- Act as a strategy advisor and provides feedback by sharing helpful criticism/information with your Regional Coordinators to assist in the development and direction of SUDSDGs:
- Subject expertise: is Regional Coordinators meeting the needs of universities, colleges, research institutions and governments.
- Direction for SUDSDGs: SUDSDGs Executive Team and the Advisory Board should together define goals for SUDSDGs and set strategies.
- Competition: how are the competitors doing in Sudan particularly the various ranking and indexing organisations?
- Ideas and innovations.
- Assessing SUDSDGs situation: what is working or not? What characteristics of SUDSDGs should we maintain?
Benefits for successful Country Coordinators includes but not limited to the followings:
- An official appointment letter from WASD/SK as a Country Coordinator and Ambassador for SUDSDGs.
- As a Country Coordinator you will be acknowledge in all publications (online and printed) relating to SUDSDGs.
- You will receive a 50% discount of WASD/SK annual conference registration fee provided that you manage to register at least 3 universities, colleges and/or research institution from Sudan (individual Coordinators) excluding your own organisation or at least 5 universities, colleges and/or research institution excluding your own organisations in the case of more than one Country Coordinator.
- If you manage to register more than 5 universities, colleges and/or research institution in Sudan (individual Coordinators) or more than 8 universities, colleges and/or research institution (Co-Coordinators) excluding your own organisations then we are happy to waive your entire registration fee for the event you planning to attend.
- Outstanding contribution certificate that can be displayed in your office.